Virabhadrasana One/Warrior One
- Begin in Mountain Pose and extend your right leg back 3-4 feet with your right heel in line with your left heel.
- Lift your arms up. Bend your left knee, so that it is in line with your left ankle.
- Elongate your trunk.
- Hold your shoulders square.
- Try to square your hips to the front.
- Engage your abdominals and legs.
- Trunk: Slight extension of the trunk at the spinal joints
- Arm/Forearm: Flexion of the arm at the shoulder joint, extension of the forearm at the elbow joint
- Front Thigh/Leg: Flexion and medial rotation of the thigh at the hip joint, flexion of the leg at the knee joint
- Back Thigh/Leg: Extension and lateral rotation of the thigh at the hip joint, extension of the leg at the knee joint
- Strengthens the musculature of the legs, abdomen, arms, and trunk
- Stretches the hip flexors