If you spent the weekend out of town for the July 4th holiday weekend, chances are you may have endured hours of sitting in traffic traveling to and from your destination. Below is a simple back stretching sequence that can help release built up tension in the spine. Start this exercise very gently if you have a lot of tightness in your spine and hips. Take your time and move slowly.
1. Stand on all fours, hands underneath your shoulders, shoulder width apart, knees hip distance apart
2. On an exhale pull in your abdominals and round spine
3. Slowly draw your hips back towards your heels
4. Inhale and drop the elbows to the floor
5. Straighten the elbows and gently arch the back
6. Repeat a few times