Carrot, Apple, Ginger, and Chia Seed Smoothie
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- I tablespoon chia seeds, soaked in a small amount of filtered water for 10-15 minutes
- 8 ounces of filtered water
- Blend in a Nutribullet
This smoothie has many health promoting ingredients:
- Carrots provide an excellent source of the antioxidant beta-carotene. They also supply vitamin C, K & E, calcium, fiber, and magnesium.
- Apples contain vitamin C & B-complex, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber.
- Ginger root has a calming effect and aids in digestion
- Chia seeds are a great plant based protein and omega 3 fatty acid source