Voice Training & Demos
It is important to have multiple performance skills in today’s competitive market. We use a scientific, contemporary approach which is the standard used by major Pop and Broadway recording stars.
- Learn how to sing with consistent pitch and power. We get you singing safely and quickly.
- Develop your “mix” sound which is where most great songs are sung.
- Learn how to effortlessly transition from chest voice to mix to head voice.
- Develop your “belt” sound which is especially important if you love musical theater.
- Extend your singing range and control dynamics (soft and strong vocals).
- We can help you change the tone or timbre or simply expand your tonal and singing possibilities
- We can also help fix your voice if you are a current singer.
- Here are a few of the issues we can address: straining, throat soreness, yelling, too breathy, inadequate breath, flipping into falsetto, too bright or too dark sounding, low confidence
Our technique is for the contemporary pop or musical theater singer. We can get new students on the path to singing quickly. We can also help with auditions and any problems that experienced singers may have in general or with specific songs.
We use clearly defined directions that all students can use to help produce a more balanced and resonant sound. You may have had lessons in the past where you received vague and often confusing directions from the teacher such as “sing through the top of your head”, “think down as you go up”, or “bring the sound forward”. We utilize current scientific understanding of vocal acoustics and harmonics. Changes are created immediately through a combination of breath control, vocal cord/fold closure, and the use of vowels to affect the resonators (throat and mouth). This is why we can get students singing right away and also why we can fix most issues that arise with experienced singers.
- We do a quick voice assessment and give immediate feedback as far as what is going on with the breathing, cord (vocal fold) control, and resonators ( throat, mouth). Most students experience a significant positive shift in singing in the first hour lesson. This is due to the scientific approach and the system that we teach.
- Andrew has taken extensive training relating to the science of voice and how to truly control sound through John Henny’s Contemporary Voice Teacher Academy from Los Angeles. Andrew is also certified in Vocal Pedagogy from Boston Conservatory at Berklee.
- There are three major elements to singing; Breath Control, vocal fold (larynx) closure, and positioning and size to your resonators. The process of breathing to support singing is different than most people realize. It can be learned quickly and can create a dramatic improvement to one’s vocal quality and resonance. Vocal cord control is more subtle but essential in ensuring that we produce a sound that is neither strained nor too “breathy”. Manipulating our resonators ( ie mouth) through vowel adjustments when singing is something many students are not taught. This is a cutting edge concept and allows singers to navigate through challenging song sections with ease.
- $75 per lesson (1 hour) or three lessons for $185(prepaid).
- We look forward to working with you! Please contact me so we can start on the path to fun, effortless, and powerful singing.
- No experience necessary. Everyone can sing!
Voiceover Recordings and Demos
Voice acting has become more popular with many opportunities for employment. Voice actors are used for radio, animation film, film narration, audio books, podcasts, and commercials. A voice over demo is another great tool to showcase your acting talent and open yourself up to additional markets. We offer a full service approach to create a high quality voiceover demo unique to your talent. You are welcome to browse through our copy or bring your own.
- We utilize a variety of high end microphones including the Rode NTG3 and the Shure KSM 44a
- Post production editing and enhancements as needed
- As singing and voice coaches we can help with vocal performance techniques as desired.
- Recording, editing, and mixing your voiceover demo
- You will receive your voiceover demo in a MP3 or WAV file.
- $250 for up to 1 minute demo