As we close out 2013 I find myself feeling grateful for all that I have loved and learned this past year.
At this time of year many people are thinking about individual resolutions, but another approach is to think about embodying the whole of who you are, where you want to go, and your personal Dharma. Dharma in yogic terms can be thought of as duty, the pursuit of self-realization or purpose, and the drive to carry out your potential. Becoming clear on the aspects of life that are important to you and how you would like to share your gifts with the world will help define your life’s purpose. Outdated habits and patterns will naturally fall by the wayside because they do not support your true purpose. Truth and beauty rise to the top.
I would like to share a few ideas to help you live in beauty and move forward into this New Year pursuing your Purpose Driven Mission and Dharma.
1. Meditate daily to quiet the mind, receive insight, and discover what is important to you, at least 10 minutes
2. Based on this new found discovery, write down your thoughts daily in a journal
3. Define your mission
4. If you can dream it, you can become it
5. Design your plan of action toward your Dharma and follow your heart
6. Take action daily toward your goal, no matter how small
7. Action delivers results
8. If Gandhi can “Be the change that you wish to see in the world” you can as well.
9. Daily Affirmation: “I am living my Dharma (be specific, ex. “My mission is to___”) because I am embodying my purpose daily (be specific with daily action, ex. “I am eating healthy food).”
10. Daily Mantra (can be silently repeated during meditation): “Om Namah Shivayah” “Om and salutations to the Divinity within me”
“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Mango and Peach Green Smoothie to Jump Start Health in the New Year 2014
• 1 Mango
• 1 Peach
• 5 ounces of Organic Baby Spinach
• 6 ounces of Water